Sunday, July 1, 2012


I know, right?
I've been married to this guy for 2 years. But you wouldn't know it because there isn't any self portraits of us at a fancy eatery, nor a picture of us at a swanky hotel dressed to the nines and me with more than mascara and chapstick. No lingerie. No chocolate. No monkey business (yeah that's what I call it, hot huh?) All of this because I was working. 
Yep, working on my anniversary. By choice.

Which I chose to do because I knew it was going to be busy at work and I didn't want to miss all the action. Wife of the year award right? I mentioned to George a couple of weeks before our anniversary that I was going to work on our anniversary and wanted to know if we could celebrate before or after. He didn't seem to mind at all. But the morning of our anniversary he was really sad. Not only because we weren't celebrating, but because I slept though our "anniversary breakfast." I know, I know I am polishing my wife award as I write this. We had talked about going to breakfast at 8 a.m. before he had to be to the office. Well the baby was up every 2-3 hours (teething blows) and I finally fell asleep at 6:20 and slept until I heard McKay talking. So I went to get him out of bed and he wasn't in there. There he was with Daddy & Isaac eating his messy breakfast in his highchair. Romantic huh? My husband gave me a pat on the bum and rushed into the shower so he could be to work on time. Don't worry I walked myself into the dog house. 

My day went on as usual as any other Monday. I met George at Isaac's baseball game and raced off to work to find a letter on the seat of my car. I cried on my way to work. After getting home around midnight I crawled into bed and told him how sad our anniversary was. But that's kinda how we roll. We are the couple that decided to get married in 3 weeks because we had dated 2.5 years and it was either get married or break up. Well we chose the later. I'm glad I did. Until 3 weeks into be married.... We decided to paint our place. Lesson learned. Want a divorce? Remodel or paint with me.
 We hired someone to re-paint and carpet last fall.

I cannot wait for our "do over" weekend in 2 weeks. No kids (pray I can pry myself from the baby), no work, no reality tv (which may be just as hard to give up as my baby) and lots of food to make myself feel even sexier about being 20 lbs overweight.......sigh

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

love the way you write!! Too funny.

Unknown said...

love this. glad i'm not the only one who is a brat to her husband unintentionally because she can be because he loves her no matter what.